12 Tips from the BBB
Thinking about hiring a home remodeling contractor? Don’t make a move without checking 12 tips from the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- Be specific in explaining exactly what you want done.
- Get estimates in writing.
- Get more than one bid; bids should detail what the contractor is going to do and the cost for the job.
- You should not be required to sign a bid; if you do so, it then becomes a binding agreement for work to be performed.
- Ask the contractor for a list of references.
- All warranties, guarantees, or verbal agreements must also be in writing.
The entire article can be found here – 12 Tips from the BBB