Thinking about hiring a home remodeling contractor? Don’t make a move without checking 12 tips from the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Be specific in explaining exactly what you want done. Get estimates in writing. Get more than one bid; bids should detail what the contractor is going to do and the cost for the job. You should not be required ….
Do you have a room in your home or building that has a dark, dreary feeling? Even in the middle of the day? These dark areas aren’t known for being favorite spaces due to the general atmosphere that the lack of real daylight produces. Your gloomy room is likely on the northern side of the structure, or shaded by big ….
(BPT) – How can there be thousands of dollars difference between contractor bids for similar home improvement projects on neighboring homes? And how can homeowners get an idea of what a new roof will cost? In general, labor for a new roof should make up 60-65 percent of the cost and most of the remaining cost (30-35 percent), should be ….
Do you remember those PSA commercials on NBC called ‘The More You Know?‘ Well, NBC knows what they’re talking about. It’s true…the more you know about roofs and especially how to hire a contractor that won’t rip you off, the better armed you are to make good, thoughtful and sound decisions. And when it comes to the process of finding ….
Lightning is attracted to the highest point, not necessarily metal. Actually a metal roof has no greater chance of being struck by lightning than any other kind of roofing material. There are also advantages such as the fact that a metal roof is non-combustible and dissipates electrical charges so if you roof were to be hit by lightning, the metal ….